The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Sunday 3 July 2011

Allotment Tales // A Warm Summer Salad

I was delighted this week to spend an evening working at the allotment, my reward for which was this handful of fresh produce to cook up for my dinner.


This time of year sees courgettes, mange tout and peas, as well as handfuls of fresh lettuce, spinach and chard growing in abundance. I just loved the colourful combination of the mange tout, yellow courgettes and blue borage flowers in my bowl! 

When I got them home I gave them a rinse, chopped the courgettes and simply tossed them in some garlic oil in the frying pan for 2 minutes. They were served up with a dollop of tzatziki.
A delightful, warm summer salad. 

1 musings:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Sounds delicious! I do enjoy this time of year for eating fresh veggies and fruits. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'