The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Saturday 11 September 2010

The prospect of this...



...has excited me so much that I seem to have gone a little mad.

Not only am I re-reading all the books...
(I approach the viewing of each new instalment of the Harry Potter film franchise with the same attitude I would an exam for which I need to prepare.)

...Not only am I reading them aloud to a long-suffering B...
(If I don't have someone to discuss the film with who has the same - okay, that would be ridiculous - almost the same amount of knowledge of the books as I do, there is a very real chance I could explode  having seen it.)

...Oh no, that's not enough. 
I have gone a step-further.

When my aunty turns 50 this month, her birthday party will be a Harry Potter themed murder mystery party...
(Thank the gods that I have a relative as obsessive as I am)

...and I have offered to write it.
Cue countless examples of literary liberty-taking, wand jokes a-plenty, lip-licking at the prospect of making our own butterbeer and the pondering of how to replicate a memory viewed by pensieve.



Is there anybody out there doing anything as obsessively bonkers? 

8 musings:

Jo said...

Me, me, me! As a primary school teacher all my classes were read atleast 1 of the novels while with me - covered pretty much the whole series! Apart from regular 'literacy' projects, it is amazing how Harry Potter managed to work his magic through most of the curriculum, plus featured heavily in competitions, theme days and countless wall/class displays. Like you, I am in preparation/training for the penultimate film - can't wait!! Yup, I'm pretty obsessed!

So I am absolutely thrilled to read about such a special birthday treat. Wow, it already sounds wonderfully enchanting! Looking forward to sharing in all your plans and preparations!

Eeeeeeee! So excited!
Huge hugs xxx

Magaly Guerrero said...

Don't feel bad my darling, I have been counting the seconds, planning what to wear, and also rereading the books! I can't wait!

Faeryfay said...

My daughter re-reads all the books every time a new movie comes out. She also re-watches all the movies, saying every line!:-)

Jen said...

I'm not nearly as creative in my enjoyment but I applaud your enthusiasm. It's going to be good!

Leiani said...

I have never really gotten into the HP series, but there are definitely other books that I just LOVE and am just as obsessive about! LOL. Happy watching!

Cat Wisdom 101 said...

Happy Practical Magic blog hop today!

Susan said...

I am planning on reading deathly hallows again before the movie :)
Susan

Elizabeth said...

oh....this has been an obsession with us since my daughter was 7, she'll be attending university in 2011 :) I am daydreaming of the spectacle your birthday party will become and I am so envious of your aunt for the most amazing niece she has in you!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'