The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Sunday 29 August 2010

Which Witch? (Part Two)

Gods and Goddess


Who are your patron Gods?
I'm really not sure at this point – I always considered Cronus (Saturn) to be a figure of guidance for me. However, taking into account more recent events, I would have to say Pan. 

Who are your patron Goddesses?
Again, I wouldn’t like to say one with certainty although I work with Selene (Luna) more often than most. 

Which Gods/Goddess' do you worship?
I believe that all gods and goddesses (of the numerous pantheons) are individual aspects of the great God and Goddess. I would say that I give thanks to the God and Goddess and celebrate them as they are the spirit which exists in everything in nature and the turners of the seasonal wheel. Rather than worshipping the individual gods and goddesses, I define my relationship with them as one of great respect: I call on them for assistance and give offerings and thanks for their particular work. 

Do you fear dark aspects of the Gods/Goddess, or rather, respect them?
I respect them and embrace them. Without darkness there exists no light.


Nature


Do you regularly commune with nature?
Absolutely and I think most pagans do.

Ever walked barefoot in the woods?
Yes. I love walking barefoot actually and should do it more often!

Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth?
In the desert in Mongolia – I was on my own and away from all ‘civilisation’ – no technology, no buildings, nothing. I could see millions of stars that night and felt how insignificant one human is amidst the Universe. I also feel closest to Mother Earth when in stormy weather – a lightning storm always makes me feel how powerful she is. 

What is/are your power animal(s)?
Cats and crows. Crows have been coming to me, in visualisation (and sometimes physically!) for the past three years. 

Do you have a familiar?
There are several cats in my life who are the closest thing, but sadly my true familiar – a cat called Whiskers – passed away a couple of years ago.

0 musings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'