The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Saturday 28 August 2010

Which Witch? (Part One)


I thought it would be fun to answer some questions about my chosen pagan path, as I have never really spoken about it outright on this blog. Hopefully this will give you a bit of an insight! I will answer the questions in stages so as not to bore you with ridiculously long posts. Feel free to take the questions and post answers of your own - it would be fun to learn a little more about your beliefs and practices.


Basics 

How did you find Witchcraft/Paganism?
From a young age I was conducting ‘rituals’ alone, not really understanding the meaning of what I was doing. As I grew up and read – and read, and read, and read – I started to realise my beliefs and practices had their roots in pagan practices. My journey into witchcraft wasn’t decided until I met a friend who told me she was a Hedgewitch and simply said that she felt comfortable telling me because she expected I would understand. I did and from that point I have trodden the path of a solitary witch. 

How long have you been practising?
I consider myself to be a very young practising witch – about three years as a wholehearted practitioner but, as I say, much of what I do I have been doing unknowingly for much longer. I continue to learn every day. 

Solitary or group practitioner?
Solitary, although I have recently been blessed to find someone who likes to practise as I do so we have conducted a few lovely rituals together. 

What is your path?
I would call myself a solitary hearth witch for the simple reason that, although I do conduct rituals outdoors in the wild, I practise magick more in the home and garden.

Are you out of the broom closet?
Yes, I would say I am. My faith and practice aren’t something I shout about to many people, but I will be open and honest if asked or if I wish to share it with someone special.

2 musings:

Mother Moon said...

I always enjoy listening to others paths and the journeys they have taken and are on. Glad you found someone of like mind near you to share with. Such a connection is a blessing.... enjoy your weekend

Sara said...

Nice to read a little about your path. And by the way... the beautiful cat in your header looks so much like mine that passed not long ago. Sweet baby. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'