The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Sunday 9 May 2010

Time


'You must have been warned against letting the golden hours slip by.
Yet some of them are golden only because we let them.'
J.M.Barrie

I must apologise for the lack of time spent writing my blog over recent weeks - a combination of work and wanting to spend my precious 'golden hours' with family has led to an unintended hiatus. I have, however, been stopping by each day to read your thoughtful musings. 

Today actually marks the 150th birthday of J.M Barrie, the creator of 'Peter Pan' - a story which focuses on one boy's attempts to halt the passage of time, to avoid ever having to grow up. While there are times when I too desire time to stand still - so I can relish a moment or catch my breath - there are also instances when I appreciate time's flight. 

When I can look back at a weekend all too quickly gone, I know that it has slipped by in a blink of an eye because I have made the most of every hour and become lost in those moments, enjoying the company of loved ones and friends. For that I feel truly blessed. 

2 musings:

C said...

Blessings hun continue to enjoy your golden hours x x x x

C said...

Hi Avie theres a little award over on my blog for you :) x x

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'