The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Thursday 25 February 2010

Storyteller




Oh how I love this woman’s writing. Alice Hoffman paints landscapes and sculpts characters, for the reader to become entangled with. Her stories are earthy, deep and thrum with a resounding heartbeat. As I read them I always feel, simultaneously, like I am experiencing both the sensation of a tingling summer breeze in a foreign place and the warmth of knowing I have returned home. Truly magical.

The River King did not disappoint, although it did not enthrall me quite so much as THIS ONE, which succeeded in capturing the ferocity of love, with a retelling of Wuthering Heights at its heart, and THIS ONE which was both brutal and beautiful at once. 

I am looking forward to being captivated by the next. 

0 musings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'