The meandering thoughts of a modern-day hearth witch.


Sunday 21 February 2010

Looking out of my window

My seasonal obsession with snowdrops was surpassed this morning by the glimpse of lemon-yellow through my upstairs window. ‘Oh my goodness! Already?!’ I exclaimed, springing out of my chair and grabbing my camera. Convinced my eyes were tricking me – it must just be a piece of litter, I reasoned – it was not until I got close to the edge of the field that I believed what I thought I had seen.


Primroses.  Now don’t get me wrong; the snowdrop will always hold a special place in my heart. But these beauties filled me with glee. Their delicate petals were sprinkled with dew drops as I crouched alongside them in the morning sunshine; I could only hope my trusty macro lens would capture their fragility.





Around thirty shots later, I still wasn’t satisfied. It would seem no matter what angle I tried, I couldn’t quite do their beauty justice. No still image was enough to demonstrate this little wonder of nature. 

0 musings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I truly love to hear your contributions.

Related Posts with Thumbnailslinkwithin_text='From the same cauldron...'